So we looked into two trends that give you that perfect morning-to-night look that everyone is talking about. Eyelash extensions have become as common as eyebrow threading. Since the extravagant look is not for everyone and we’ve heard horror stories about allergic reactions and loosing lashes, we looked into the lash lift and tint that is becoming increasingly popular. Lashes make everything better!
- Usually synthetic or made of silk or mink, lash extensions are individual “fake” lashes separately glued to your natural eyelashes for a lengthened and voluminized look.
- You have the choice between a full or partial set. Full set: expect to be laying down for 1.5 to 2 hours while they attach an extension to every single one of your lashes. Partial set: usually half of the time, half of the extensions and a more natural and subtle look.
- Mink lashes are softer, lighter and seem more natural whereas silk lashes appear darker, shinier and thus offer a more dramatic look.
- You do not need mascara anymore but you can still apply some if you wish to do so. Use oil-free makeup remover and do not pull on, and play with your lashes as you risk pulling out your natural lashes.
- You can opt for volume lashes,
- also known as Russian extensions, which consist of 2-6 ultra lightweight lashes to each of your own natural lashes.
- Extensions fall with your natural lashes., and so last 4 to 6 weeks. Do not remove them yourself! Ask your eyelash specialist if you want them removed earlier.
- Fake lashes damaging your natural lashes is a myth.
- The eye lash application should be totally pain-free. Speak up if you feel itchiness, pain or discomfort!
- Avoid water in the following 12 to 24 hours.
- Maintenance: brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara spoolie, and try to sleep on your back or side to avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
- 150$ for a full set with Montreal’s most-trusted eyelash expert.
- Where? V&O Salon, Jen Jen Studio, New Age Spa & Le Hideout
Lash lift and tint
- Think of it as a perm for your lashes.
- No prep needed but if you want to apply a growth serum prior to your lift, go ahead. “Mets toutes les chances de ton côté.”
- Here’s how it goes: your lash technician will cleanse your lashes and separate your bottom lashes from your top by applying a silicone shield on your lid where your upper lashes will be combed up to take the shape.
- The perm solution acts as a softener so that the bond of your hair is moldable.
- The perming lotion is left on for a few minutes and then a setting solution and oil are applied to finish. The result lasts 6 to 8 weeks.
- Add mascara for an extra va-va-voom.
- The following 24 hours are crucial: do not wet your lashes, avoid any humidity and heat and no eye makeup!
- No maintenance.
- 75$ with Montreal’s most-trusted eyelash expert.
- Where? Jen Jen Studio, New Age Spa & Le Hideout
Choose which you’ll opt for based on the look you’re going for, your budget and the maintenance you think you can upkeep.
Previous Blog Post : A Beginners Guide To Injections