As we are collaborating with salons in Montreal and Toronto for the upcoming launch of the ILUK last-minute booking app, we are realizing that there exists many ways to go about the career of a self-employed beauty professional.
Beauty professionals do not only work in an establishment under the banner of a salon. The advantages of working independently from home or from a spot rented in a salon has brought a shift in how a beauty professional sees her/his career. Eliminating the overhead expenses such as rent sounds appealing to many “Solo” professionals that prefer being self-employed. Notwithstanding the freedom to fix your own schedule, vacation time, pick your clients, and work on your own terms overall. But that comes with hurdles as well.
You are an ILUK Solo professional if:
- You work for yourself
- From home or rent a space for your self-employed business
- You are responsible for managing your appointments and rendering the services
- You juggle appointment requests made by DMs/PMs/SMS/email/phones calls
- Instagram/Facebook is your main platform to showcase your talent
- You wish there were more hours in a day 😉
The ILUK team understood the need you Solo professionals have for managing your appointments, as your main platform to attract new clients and interact with them is Instagram. So, for all of you Solo badass hustlers, the ILUK team fine-tuned a booking platform and appointment management super-easy-to-use software that you can use from anywhere on your phone/tablet/computer.
ILUK Solo allows you to:
- Get your own personal URL linking to your services, prices and real-time availabilities to send to your current clients and copy paste in your Instagram bio, Facebook page, on your website, etc.
- Stop answering messages to get appointments. Your clients do the work for you. And in any case, more than 70% of people prefer booking online! Win-win.
- Have the flexibility to accept or reject appointments.
- Have the flexibility to accept cash or credit cards for payments made through the app.
- Reduce your last-minute cancellations and no-shows to less than 2% with automatic SMS and email reminders.
- Enforce a cancellation policy and ask for a deposit if you wish to do so.
- Manage your clients and their profiles.
- Offer gift cards.
- Get the chance to be featured on our exclusive last-minute booking app, benefiting from greater exposure, influencer and social media campaigns and being amongst la crème de la crème of beauty spots in Montreal.
If you want your business to grow and keep up with the trends, want support from real people behind the tool you use to make your clients happy, and want to be part of something big coming to Montreal, go ahead and create your ILUK Solo account here https://solo.iluk.app/. Pre-launch promo ends Wednesday!
Kiki on behalf of the ILUK Team